So, it's been a while since I've posted anything and I figured I'd throw up a quick update.
I've been super busy over the winter break working on my thesis, as well as something new: My advisor and I are running a brand-new, experimental course, CSCI 4974/6974 Hardware Reverse Engineering, at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) this spring!
I gave the first lecture for the class last Tuesday and it was very well received. We have a full class - 12 undergraduates and 4 graduates as of this writing. As the TA for the class I'm responsible for (among other things) running labs and preparing samples. I've been running all over campus getting trained on various pieces of equipment, booking lab time for the class, and generally making sure this is going to be an awesome semester for all involved.
Lecture notes are available online on the course website for anyone who wishes to follow along.
Finally, a few peeks at my microprobing setup. I think I need new micropositioners, the backlash on these is pretty terrible. Whenever I adjust the left-right axis, the probe needle rotates by a degree or two.